Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    the illustrator

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the illustrator
 Login/Join

posted
Please, does anyone know the name of the artist who illustrated 'The Golden Apples of the Sun' ?
I love these pictures and was moved to illustrate my own copy of 'The Martian Chronicles' as a result - [nothing like as good, but it kept me amused during a dull job].
Twenty five or more year later, I still want to know who was that great artist. I want to find more of his/her work, if possible.
Thanks [from the UK].

Posts: 1 | Location: eastbourne, east sussex, england. | Registered: 26 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
robfallows:

When you first come to this Ray Bradbury Site (with all the sqaures) no pun intended...... click on:

At Home With Ray Bradbury

....when that opens, look for...

Video Clips

click on that, and then...

... scroll down to.... clip that says,

Joe Mugnaini

...that's the artist fellow... Click on that, and hear what Ray has to say about how he met Joe....

Also go to search engine called....

Google

...type in the name, Joe Mugnaini, and see what illustrations you can find on the Web.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently received a magnificent collection by Joe Mugnaini thanks to "Uncle"! This artist's works captured characters from Martian Chronicles, Fahrenheit 451, Halloween Tree, October Country, as well as Golden Apples.

Most memorable: "The Fireman" clothed in pages of newspaper and books, standing amidst the consumimg flames for which 451 is so renowned.

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 03-26-2003).]

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
robfallows, check out the website of the Tobey C. Moss Gallery in Los Angeles. Click on "Lists of Artists", and scroll down to Mr. Mugnaini's name. The gallery's website is:
http://www.tobeymossgallery.com/

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peoples:::

The above Tobey Moss Gallery website doesn't pan out on my Web Navigator, so try this one, if it doesn't pan out on yours too. This is the same Joe Mugnaini destination....

click on, or type into finder: http://tobeycmossgallery.com/bradbury.html

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post