Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Help! The City and farenheit 451

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help! The City and farenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted
I'm Chinese girl,and also a collage graduation.
My final project is about Ray's works,about his poetic beauty. Because I really really love his work. But I have a problem now.
I can only find Ray's work of Chinese edition. I tried to translate them myself, but, you know, I did very bad.

So I come here to ask some help. Could anyone send me an English editon of The City and the second chapter of farenheit 451? That would be very nice of you. Thanks very much.

My email: suanjuju@hotmail.com

Posts: 5 | Location: Amoy | Registered: 27 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
why? no one wants to help me? I'm gonna cry! Frowner
It's really an emergency, I have to publish my paper this week!
This morning i found Fahrenheit 451 on the internet, but i still can't find THE CITY.
It's a very short article, please, please help me to find the english edition!
this is me.

I'm a chinese girl

Posts: 5 | Location: Amoy | Registered: 27 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ariel:

I am NOT familiar with 'The City', by Ray Bradbury, unless perhaps it is the story that may have appeared in the book, 'The Illustrated Man'. Hope others can help you in this before time is up.

Then again, maybe you can find something under another name. Look over these links:

http://reading.posyo.ru/contest.shtm/

http://www.raybradbury.ru/cgi-bin/page.cgi?014

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry maybe the name was wrong.
The story is about a city, left by the people who was killed by human being.
The city had been waiting for 2 thousand years for his enemy.
They finally come. The city check their identity, and kill them all, and made them into flesh bomb.

Nard Kordell :

I'm so appreciate that you gave me a replySmiler Thank u very much.

posted Hide Post
Ariel,
I assume that you are in Amoy and that is why you only have Chinese editions available to you. I’m frustrated in that there is no way for me to get you English versions. I agree with Nard that “The City” is located in “The Illustrated Man”. I am ashamed I can’t help you. –Best

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapter 31 :
That's very sweet of youSmilerBut I still can't find it in The Illustrated Man.But thanks anyway for helping a foreign girl.

posted Hide Post
Ariel, I feel so badly for your frustration. I am wondering if Philnic from England can assist in some way. His web site has categorized Ray's works and may provide a clue. Perhaps Phil will see this and can offer some clue(s).

I hope that your time frame for the paper's due date will allow for further research on this matter. Keep us posted.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic to the rescue!

"The City" is in The Illustrated Man and also The Stories of Ray Bradbury.

Ariel, I have emailed you with more information.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic, thank you so much for helping Ariel. If there was someone who had the capabilities to do it, I knew it would be you.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto!

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got your email, philnic! It's The City! It's really big surprise! Thank you everyone. Today I could finish my paperSmiler I love you all.

I'm a chinese girl