Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Setting the record straight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Setting the record straight
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Wow. Reminds me to be reminded of Proverbs 3:5 - "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And of this we should all be thankful...
"The Lord is a far better Savior than we are sinners!"

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well,
I guess I was quite off in what I took out from the post - I appologise if I did. I can see that you are not as unbudging as I thought you might be. But if not, then why insist of only one reading of the bible, or, better yet, insist on the possiblitlity that Korby was wrong (in fact, why insist on God althogether? Why put your eggs in one basket if you know that you know nothing?).
Cheers, Translator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Translator:

When I say I know nothing...I mean nothing is as you might think. See, this is very difficult for me to say, because how would I explain to myself, in my years of long ago, that the spirit of Christ changes extremely the way you think and look at life. Would I know how to respond to something like that? More likely, it just would go 'whhhee -e-e i-i-t' over my head. The shock is...it's so real when it hits you that you can become a jabbering fool for a long time blabbering to everyone what happened to you and people think you gone bonkers...which you kinda did, but not really. You just don't know what to make of it and it's SO exciting.

But you still live in reality of life as we all see it, and it takes a while to live in both worlds. Yep. When Christ said my kingdom is not of this world, he wasn't kidding.

So many things are changing with new discoveries. Finally, a couple of physicists
at the University of Chicago here are about the present their papers refutting the Big Bang theory. BRAVO! I knew that wasn't the whole story. There was more. And there is! They call their papers, '''The Little Bang'''. It's making 'big' news here in Chicago anyway. They will attempt to demonstrate that the Big Bang actually was a very localized event, set in a Universe that always was. (Hmm!!) Very exciting nonetheless.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 09-17-2004).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post