Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
As a Christian, I can confirm everything Mr Kordell just said (as if you need me to).

Very nicely written.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very nicely written.

Seconded!

Theos ein agape, after all.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ο Θεός είναι αγάπη!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Behold the amazing gift of love
the Father hath bestow'd
On us, the sinful sons of men,
to call us sons of God!

Concealed as yet this honor lies,
by this dark world unknown,
A world that knew not when he came
even God's eternal Son.

High is the rank we now possess,
but higher we shall rise;
Though what we shall hereafter be
is hid from mortal eyes

Our souls, we know, when he appears,
shall bear his image bright;
For all his glory, full disclosed,
shall open to our sight.

A hope so great, and so divine,
may trials well endure,
And purge the soul from sense and sin
as Christ himself is pure."

--Scottish Paraphrase, 1 John 3: 1, 2

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay!! Now this week the official Vatican astronomer comes out and says, in so many words.. Yep...life as we know it exists all across the universe.

??!Duh!!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who'd guess?

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"One never knows, do one?"

- Thomas "Fats" Waller

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Then they became intelligent."

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My question is: What does the Vatican know they ain't telling us? And how long have they known it? They have access to literature that was suppressed for years by the Church and may have knowledge that has also been supressed to maintain the control over the layety. Stay tuned.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask, I think it's a common-sense issue. That the universe is so vast, that elements of life becomes a basic probability that exists throut the universe. That intelligent life as here is likely not uncommon. Again, remember, scripture itself denotes a creation that is teeming with far superior life. Angels in heaven. Demons in hell. It does not refer to anything liken to aliens seeding the Earth and creating life. But specifically it does say God created man out of the dust of the Earth, the mud. So that it was here that man came forth and not there. There are passages, for instance, of angels that appear to look exactly like a man, but able to destroy cities (Sodom and Gomorrah). Of angeles coming down out of heaven (the sky?) and preventing humans from completely destroying themselves (in Revelation). There is the prophet, in the Old Testament, who went up into the heavens in a flaming chariot. Heaven can also be described as having a physical size, coming out of the sky, and called the New Jerusalem. To enter there you cannot carry any of the brokeness of Earth, but be clothed with the perfectness of God. Otherwise the immensity of response and understanding needed to enter would destroy you because of one's inabilty to immediately respond.

There is hardly a cover-up. It's all there, actually, if you go outside late at night and spend a few minutes looking into the MilkyWay. By the way, the most modern telescope in the Vatican arsenal is in Phoenix, Arizona.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even if there are no creatures of any intelligent capacity in the universe (let's just say there isn't) there are plenty of other super intelligent beings listed in scripture. But if you put them both together, the possibility of intelligent life in the universe, and the invisible intelligent life noted in scripture, then I'd say there is hardly a place to run to where you'd be truly alone.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GEORGE CARLIN, dead at 71

In a 2001 interview:
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in religion or a god."

Now he does!

posted Hide Post
No! He doesn't. You do.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scripture disagrees with you, patrask.

John 5, verses 28-29.

Once dead, everyone, the good bad and the ugly, get to be judged by Truth!

posted Hide Post
Scripture is all powerful, omnipitant, can resolve any trouble, any problem, can steer a clear course through any wild sea of conflict. What do we need with libraries and science, all answers are to found in the Qweji Board Bible. I really feel for those who know better than anyone else and can predict what is in store upon our passing into the Neter land. For your sake I hope you are right. I look forward to another learning experience with great expectation and a clear heart that I have done all that I can to understand this world, and hope there is another to start to comprehend all over again.