Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Phil, same with "maths". Over here one of one's school subjects is "math".
(It seems to me "maths" would be more correct, as it's short for "mathematics".)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
If someone thinks the Americans blew up Tower 7 at the World Trade so what?

No - they blew up the Pentagon.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time to stir the pot:

"Believe the Bible! - Because all the works of modern science cannot equal the wisdom of goat-sacrificing primitives who thought that all the animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house."

I like to shock people once in awhile just to see their reaction.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(*yawn*)

How's that for a reaction?

Actually your previous 9-11 conspiracy post raises two questions:
Who? and Why?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
(*yawn*)

How's that for a reaction?

It's better than nothing!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Who? and Why?

Not sure - for one thing there are no wing marks on the Pentagon wall and the hole is too small for a 757 to fit through - but here are some conspiracy theories to check out:

http://www.freedomfiles.org/war/Cnn%5B1%5D.Pentagon.Jamie.Mcintyre.swf

http://www.freedomunderground.org/memoryhole/pentagon.php

http://www.bedoper.com/eastman/

http://www.bedoper.com/eastman/slaughterhouse/index.html

http://911-strike.com/pentagon.htm

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding, is it my imagination, or are you trying to soon score the highest posting points by a multitude of short, post-bites from your vast repertoire?

As to your Noah remark, just think of all the people that laughed at Noah. Like, laughing for a hundred years. That's how long it took him to build the ark. Any human that could imagine a man putting up with a 100 years worth of ridicule, should be able to imagine that Noah had a zoo nearby.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
Doug Spaulding, is it my imagination, or are you trying to soon score the highest posting points by a multitude of short, post-bites from your vast repertoire?

Oh no - I'm not in it for the points. I'm in it for the love!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Repertoire is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
From the French "répertoire", I believe.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Not sure - for one thing there are no wing marks on the Pentagon wall and the hole is too small for a 757 to fit through - but here are some conspiracy theories to check out:

Doug, just blame it on the Loch Ness monster and Sasquatch. Maybe working in conjunction with the reverse vampires.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No - I don't believe Nessie ever leaves Caledonia.

What's a reverse vampire?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Nevermind. I did some research and discovered that a reverse vampire is one who craves sunlight and is desirous of getting a tan.

Most peculiar.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
But I was talking about the bible. I get sidetracked.

The Bible has been used for centuries by Christians as a weapon of control. To read it literally is to believe in a three-tiered universe, to condone slavery, to treat women as inferior creatures, to believe that sickness is caused by God's punishment and that mental disease and epilepsy are caused by demonic possession. When someone tells me that they believe the Bible is the "literal and inerrant word of God," I always ask, "Have you ever read it?"

The Bible has been used throughout history to support prejudice, to create stereotypes, to justify war, environmental degradation and a host of other evils. A literally understood Bible has been the source of great evil. I think we should recognize that and state it clearly.

Any news on the orange crops?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Change the word "Christians" in that paragraph to the phrase "those who have something against Christianity" and you've got it about right.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post