Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Soon enough...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Soon enough...
 Login/Join

posted
Mog the Dog here.

How could it be almost 10 years to the day that Mr. Bradbury put his pen to my favorite human companion's dinosaur shirt for the second time?

When he wrote the date "6/16/99" prior to signing the shirt, my favorite human companion reminded him that it was actually the 15th of June. His reply to her? "Oh, to hell with it. It will be the 16th soon enough."

Hey, Doug Spaulding! I think it would be fun to get a 10th anniversary signing of the shirt . When (and where) will Ray have Sharpie in hand for the opportunity?

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Mog, where have you been? We missed you!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MogtheDog:
Hey, Doug Spaulding! I think it would be fun to get a 10th anniversary signing of the shirt . When (and where) will Ray have Sharpie in hand for the opportunity?

Me? I'd put the question to jkt - I'm out of area for the time-being.

I think he'll be at B&N or some book shoppe this weekend, but that's the 13th. The dates wouldn't match. You might have to wait til the 20th anniversary! And he'll still have sharpie in hand, no doubt.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Hey Mog, where have you been? We missed you!

Mog the Dog here.

Thanks for asking. Glad to know I have not (yet) been forgotten in this neck-o-the-Internet-woods.

I have been whiling away the days, watching the watermelons grow. It will be at least two months before harvest time, so there is the opportunity to seek out one of Ray's book signings.

Speaking of harvests, I have taken on the challenge of producing at least one ton of food in our backyard this year (the backyard that is precisely 38.2 miles south-southwest of Allendale, CA). I may need some more of that rain of yours in order to realize the goal.

jkt - Can you confirm any upcoming book signings?

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MogtheDog:When he wrote the date "6/16/99" prior to signing the shirt, my favorite human companion reminded him that it was actually the 15th of June. His reply to her? "Oh, to hell with it. It will be the 16th soon enough."

He did something similar in June, 2003--writing the 16th on the 11th or something--may just like the 16th!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...but that's the 13th. The dates wouldn't match...

Is there such a thing as a post-dated t-shirt (like a post-dated cheque (or check) (or Czech))?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh well, looks like I have missed the 11th anniversary signing as well. Hard to believe it has been a year.

posted Hide Post
Life is ruff. Rock on, Mog!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MogtheDog should read the thread about WRITTEN BY magazine, and click on the link for the PDF version of the magazine... there to find Ray's story "The Dog in the Red Bandana"!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Life is ruff. Rock on, Mog!

Woof!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
MogtheDog should read the thread about WRITTEN BY magazine, and click on the link for the PDF version of the magazine... there to find Ray's story "The Dog in the Red Bandana"!

I was wandering the corridors of WRITTEN BY as you typed!