Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Roy
 Login/Join

posted
We had a terrific thunder, lightning, and wind storn this past Thursday. It would have fit right in to one of those marvelous Boris Karloff Thriller episodes. I was in the bathroom washing my face when, simultaneously, there came a terrific blast of thunder, the sound of glass shattering, and then the lights went out, just for a moment, thank the Gods. I walked through the house on that side to see if any windows were broken (there weren't any), then went to bed. The next morning when I opened the kitchen door to leave for work, I saw that the glass in the outside kitchen door was shattered. No doubt the wind whipped it back and forth, and it broke against the wall behind it. Sharp shards of glass remained in the frame, but the rest was scattered on the deck. When I next went out onto the front stoop, the wind had blown all the old autumn leaves away and revealed what was left of my last Hallowe'en Jo'L, "Roy." He has, indeed, "developed character." He is flattened down about as far as he can go, but his left eye hole is gazing up at me. I think it resembles that "eye" in "The Jar." Though I am no expert on electronic things, I hope I shall be able to get a photograph of "Roy," especially when I give him his "Viking" funeral at some future date. "Roy" deserves such a send-off!

Posts: 77 | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Viktoria,

Mog the Dog here. We are experiencing a similar stormy state of affairs in this neck-o-the-woods:

On this fine rain-drenched mid-February afternoon, I was fortunate to find a budding dandelion upon which to sit while I took a moment to gaze upon my own little piece of poke-it-with-a-stick-to-make-sure-it's-really-dead, which was resting in peace somewhere just south of last year's watermelon patch.

Soon, the rain and the lengthening days will start to stir Halloween from its grave, but not today.

Nor tomorrow, for that matter.

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just what is it?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever it is, it looks like it belongs in a Jar!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are quite right on that one! I have the jar, can this item be shipped soon?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Just what is it?

What would you like it to be?

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are quite right on that one! I have the jar, can this item be shipped soon?

I can ship it today, but whatever should I say when I am asked by the postal clerk if my package contains anything fragile, liquid, perishable or potentially hazardous?

MTD

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MogtheDog:
...but whatever should I say when I am asked by the postal clerk if my package contains anything fragile, liquid, perishable or potentially hazardous?

Yes to all four!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it biodegradeable?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it biodegradeable?

It would appear to be biodegrading as we speak.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Halloween has sprouted!

And if your eye is keen tonight, you may even catch a glimpse of Summer 2009 budding out in the background.

MTD

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MogtheDog:
Halloween has sprouted!

What a delightful pile o' Jar junk!

"Live Forever!"