Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Happy Birthday, Mr. Bradbury.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday, Mr. Bradbury.
 Login/Join

posted
Happy Birthday, Mr. Bradbury.

Rob Anderson
A.B. Normal Books
P.O. Box 414
Groton, MA 01450-0414

Web Store - www.ABNormalBooks.com

Posts: 1 | Location: Groton, MA 01450-0414 | Registered: 22 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R A, I bet I know the inspiration for the name of your store! Brilliant!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I woke up this morning to the radio to hear NPR's Morning Edition wish Mr. B a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, too.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Bradbury,

just a few days ago I stumbled about a posting in this forum, where someone was looking for the name of a story that I accidentally knew, which induced me to create an account here (not accidentaly, of course, was, that I was visiting your site *g*). Normally I would have preferred to silently observe/read rather than to speak/write, because I am a lazy guy and besides that cannot express myself in English as freely as I want, but as I am now able to post here and your 87th birthday has arrived, I feel that the moment has come to express my thanks to you for all this inspirational, magic and deep going (philosophical) stories you wrote up to now.

I know you are widely regarded as a science fiction writer, but for me, you are much more, which very clearly becomes evident if one looks at this magic mixture of light, darkness, ignorance, truth, gruesomeness, paranoia,... especially visible in childhood, you treated in such a fascinating way in many of your stories (Miracles of Jamie, The Lake, Fever Dream,...).

Frank

--------------------------------------------
contact: http://i150.photobucket.com/al...08/fotos137/mail.jpg

Posts: 28 | Location: Germany | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a quick note of wishing you a very Happy Birthday.

Posts: 1 | Location: J-ville, FL | Registered: 22 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a nice article about Mr. B in today's New York Times, it can be viewed online, too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/22/books/22brad.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post