Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Inspired Shuttle Witness!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inspired Shuttle Witness!
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
I'm new and overwhelmed by this site! Fathers pride asked about 'Holy words'!!
'Kaleidoscope' is mine, I read it 27yrs ago and again a few days ago!! Not to be so bold but I've only a few postings...check a few. I'm looking for fellow EYE WITNESSES!!.
Hi 'Kaleidoscope' and everyone! I'm glad I found you all sorry I took so long to get here.!

John AJ

Posts: 35 | Location: Fort Worth,Texas,USA | Registered: 13 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jajboeg...

The little snips I've read of your posts... WOW! Looks like you dove into the NASA programs for good...Good for you!!

Years back I got over to a few shuttle landings at the dry lake bed landing, at Edwards. Don't know how it is now, but back then you could go practically right up to the astronauts after they were driven over to the waiting media, right from the shuttle landing...

Last time I went, I was really late. The shuttle did it's ""double sonic boom"" while I was leaving the Antelope Valley registration pick up site.

Wonder if Ray ever went to any of those landings.

Yep! I was there when President Ronald Reagan was on hand. He sat behind a bullet proof glass 'wall', and he was attired in something closely resembling the ''wonderful ice cream suit''. The shuttle was then piggy-backed on a 747, circle once and tipped its wings to Reagan... and he saluted back. Here I was, gaining entrance to the base with a 'Photographer's Press Credential'...and I didn't even bring a camera on that one very important time. That's CraZy!!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,
WOW.! You lucky, lucky...'machanical hound' you!! A press pass wow and wow again!! My goal now is to someday see a landing!.
And I'm going to save my SSD checks in hopes to, visit my niece in the Keys and drive up for the Return to Flight Luanch!. Now slated for March 2005, their having trouble working out the in flight EVA(extra vehicular activity[spacewalk]) tile repair. Which I just read someone else talking about in the threads from last year.
FYI it will the Shuttle Discovery making that flight, it was also the first Shuttle to fly after 'Challenger' in '88!. And its Commander will be Col. Eileen Collins, first female commander; and that first was on the 'Columbia' in '99!!. Ain't that a tug at the heart strings?

John

[This message has been edited by jajboeg (edited 03-15-2004).]

Posts: 35 | Location: Fort Worth,Texas,USA | Registered: 13 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post