Ray Bradbury Hompage    raybradburyboard.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Bradbury Moments
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury Moments
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
What Next!?

https://mars.nasa.gov/technolo...dynamic-performance/

A very memorable student in my HS English classes went on to play a highly significant role in the amazing advancements the Mars expeditions have realized throughout recent years. We enjoyed countless RB works, with Martian Chronicles a required reading. It was studied for its poetic style, imaginative projections, and far-reaching social commentaries.

A young man from a very small town, a hardworking family, and with a love for what he is doing: Mr. Bradbury would be pleased!
https://www.esquire.com/news-p...sity-interview-1212/

Posts: 2682 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjp451, what a great story! Thanks for sharing it!

Posts: 1347 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read 96 pages of a book only to find a large section missing and another repeated. I ordered another copy and if that turns out to be all right I think for the first time in my life I'll put a book in the trash. The odd thing was it was ex-library with numerous due dates and no one seems to have complained of the defect. My nephew said to look on the bright side--in the universe of Fahrenheit 451, if I asked for a book I'd be burned alive!

Posts: 7164 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion, that has happened to me twice!

On two occasions I ordered large short story anthologies, only to find pages missing or incomplete due to a binding error. Fortunately, in both cases, only one story of many was affected. And in one of the two cases I had the affected story in another book, anyway.

So frustrating, especially when you have the book imported with high shipping costs.

Posts: 669 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an Alfred Hitchcock anthology where a binding error affected a novella but I'm keeping it as I don't intend to read that novella anyway. In that case a librarian made a note of it. In the case of the novel of course it affects the whole book and I wouldn't want to pass it on to anyone else.

Posts: 7164 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post