Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Cory Doctorow

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cory Doctorow
 Login/Join

posted
Has this been posted before? Doctorow is podcasting a story of his called "Martian Chronicles"...

Available via his blog: http://craphound.com/?p=2432

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, so I don't know how Bradburyan it is, beyond the title.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is that it won't be Bradburian at all (the title aside). Doctorow has had some fun in the last few years, writing several stories whose titles reference famous SF stories by other writers. I've read one or two of these, and they're 100% Cory Doctorow, with no really important allusions to the original works. Example: "I, Row-Boat". Geddit? Smiler

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure you're right. Perhaps he should have named it after that woman, you know the one: Marcia N. Chronicles.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post