Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    my novels and ray bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

my novels and ray bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
I am a portuguese author. So far I published two novels. Both of them were inspired by many authors that I read throughout my live. The influence of Ray Bradbury is obvious to me. I wonder if you feel the same.
You can check it out at:
http://www.joseluispeixoto.net/ibooksz.html

All the best.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 01 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm also Portuguese and I'm doing a dissertation on Bradbury, and I'm very happy to find someone in Portugal who knows Bradbury's work! I've been to your site/page but as my screen is a little old I couldn't follow yor entire page, congratulations on your work!

ana

Posts: 73 | Location: portugal | Registered: 10 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Peixoto,

I had a chance for a brief visit to your website and time permitted me to read only the poem and the short story, "The Story That I Wrote." I could only skim the other materials but was able to confirm my first impression. Yes, I realize these are English translations, but your use and control of language is excellent. I especially enjoyed the gentle absurdity and meta-fiction-like qualities of "The Story That I Wrote." And I especially enjoyed the sentiment of "Table For Five," and the effective repetition of language.

Bradbury's influence? Of course! Again, I see some of his love of family, his love of language, his love for surprising his audience.

I'm sure there are others on this site who, given the time, can give you a more thorough review. But these were my initial impressions and I wanted to let you know that your work genuinely moved me in a positive way. And maybe that should be the goal of all art, shouldn't it?

Anyway, thanks for the chance to review your work. Best of luck with your career; I know you're already well on your way.

Sincerely,

Pete Terranova
Oklahoma City

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post