Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    New Halloween Tree Painting

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Halloween Tree Painting
 Login/Join

posted
Hi friends! I've been working on a new Halloween tree painting...it's always a great time to be thinking about HaLLoWeeN! These are crummy webcam shots but maybe you can get an idea

ImagePicture_55.jpg (255 Kb, 51 downloads) Halloween Tree in Oil

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's awesome! Dude, your very talented!!!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sir, what is the item on th trunk which looks like an enlarged dollar bill? Somehow it seems like there should be more orange, but as an artist myself I realize that what you have painted is what you have painted and I accept that. It just seems that the association of orange with that holiday is very pervasive.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi- thanks for commenting- these photos are terrible- The thing on the tree is a Circus poster that says "Bradbury Circus"- I'll look into the orange idea, I was looking at some old Ringling Bros. poster that had a yellow background, that's why I was going yellow.
Sincerely-
Random

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Randomyork, I have always had a true appreciation toward those who can paint "things." I tried, without success, and therefore can only do abstract art, which I do enjoy and others seem to like it as well.

You can see an example that I posted under WildGravity's thread "What Do You Do That's Creative?" Please check out the abstract on page seven that I posted for WildGravity to see.
I have, believe it or not, sold several, and my manager allows me to display five or six of my current ones on the walls of our office.

You are on right now (7:58 PM Florida time) perhaps I will your response.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks great! I appreciate it. Thank you for leading me to your pic. Art is certainly fun and the fun kicks up several notches when people buy it!

posted Hide Post
randomyork: Come on! Post more photos. And get in touch with Ray's agent, Don Congdon Associates. Somebody somewhere out there in publishing land is smart enough to recognize these paintings as first-class material for a Bradbury project!
http://www.writersservices.com/agent/us/Don_Congdon.htm

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Thank you! What an inspiring thought to wake up to- thanks for your encouragement... I'll do it! I've got a lot of minor pictures I've been working on but I'll post some more (Halloween is coming!)