Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Fahrenheit 451, Awful New Twist, N. Korea
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451, Awful New Twist, N. Korea
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
A lot of people would agree with you. Lady Chatterley was my "first" Lawrence, and so I have very fond memories of it. I also love a lot of his short stories. In my MA program, the professor who taught Lawrence was a brilliant and gorgeous woman. She focused on Lady Chatterley, also, in her British Lit class -- felt that novel was more accessible and that it was easier for students new to Lawrence to see his distinction between a life of nature (romance) and an industrial/technological life of reduced humanity.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is nothing like the experiance of the first Lawrence book. If that was the case, then yes, Lady is indeed a fine choice, and I would certainly consider it at the top of your Lawrence list.
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post