Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    My first pocket book

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first pocket book
 Login/Join

posted
I discovered Ray Bradbury when I was in grade 5 oh so long ago. Scholastic books had the Illustrated Man in its book list and with the other offerings, this book definitely did not belong. I ordered it and no sooner than I had the tattooed man in my clutches, my teacher begged me if he could read it. . When I got my opportunity again, I delved between the pages and I knew from that day forward, I would never be able to give up this book. Today I still have it, yellow as the pages may be. My vintage book. I think this was my first real pocket book and it truly got me into reading. The addiction was permanent. . I later went on after college to create a kids science fiction book, "Kryptic, The Little Space Guy". http://www.vaxxine.com/Eclectic/Gallery/Gallery2.html . Ray Bradbury definitely had an influence on my imagination. As a visual person, his writing to me was a painting of words. I remember as a kid bicycling from the small town I grew up in 15 miles away to the city just to be able to get another Ray Bradbury pocket book. I often wonder how many butterflies he's innocently nurtured and touched.

Posts: 1 | Location: Niagara Falls,On,Canada | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed both the pictures and your stories about Ray's influence!! Is your book available for purchase?

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's great! Does that make like the third or fourth writer here on the site?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Amaxing illustrations!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post