Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Met Ray when I was a little boy
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Met Ray when I was a little boy
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
...and actually hearing people talk and laugh through open windows.

"Snoop, snoop!"
- Barney Fife

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...sometimes my humor is over the top a little and occasionally things I say might be misconstrued.

Boy, do I know how you feel!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...all of the sudden, this board has hit a high point like riding a wave, its been a lot of fun...

Yeah - see what happens when I quit talking religion!

Now, who wants to talk politics?!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Rod Serling, of course, wrote a bit of boxing fiction (Requiem for a Heavyweight).

And that, boys and girls, is what is known as an 'understatement'!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Is "Kick The Can" a sport?

Is it a sport?

Second only to Gator Football!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Braling, I doubt very seriously that I would be disappointed in anything about any of you. In some ways, this medium of communicating that we are all using hits straight to the heart of who we really are. It brings to the forefront for me anyway, that usually the physical appearance of anyone is not who they really are. Of course, with someone like myself who is blessed with not only a genius mind and a body and face to die for, it is very difficult to be humble, but with constant work, I believe I have mastered a perfect balance. Hah!!!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, if you peruse the old archives, you'll find my picture...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I remember seeing a resemblance to somebody famous, and "Curly" hair...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug,
Some say watch the Andy Griffith Show once a day to put things in perspective. Seems to work pretty good. Another show that does the trick is “The Walton’s”. I would love to walk over to Ike Godsey’s to get the paper each day and have an orange crush. Then maybe stop in at the Baldwin’s in the evening for a quick snort of the recipe.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
Doug,
Some say watch the Andy Griffith Show once a day to put things in perspective. Seems to work pretty good. Another show that does the trick is “The Walton’s”. I would love to walk over to Ike Godsey’s to get the paper each day and have an orange crush. Then maybe stop in at the Baldwin’s in the evening for a quick snort of the recipe.

True, true - we watch it once per day (at least) as we have the collected series on DVD.

I understand the feeling evoked by The Waltons, as I was raised on it. However, I would prefer to amble (a good word) over to the filling station to get a bottle of pop, or enjoy a bit of the old rotgut with Otis, or perhaps just sit with Floyd out in front of his shop, and visit.

But good suggestions all!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
OrangeCrush sounds so good right now...

Remember when you were a kid, how just a good bottle of cold pop would put a smile on your face. Sometimes I long for the carefree, simple, fun, new, wondrous world of childhood. I still get brief glimpses of it by being there and witnessing it secondhand through my kid's.

posted Hide Post
Rocket,

How do you handle your children?
Simply love them,
Love them,
Love them.
--With a nod to “Camelot”

Doug,
Ya, but you can’t trust Floyd.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
Doug,
Ya, but you can’t trust Floyd.

What? Floyd was brilliant!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Is that Sigmund Floyd?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or else, Pink Freud?

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post