Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Moore's snickering "apology"

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moore's snickering "apology"
 Login/Join

posted
If Moore was sorry, he'd post it on the top of his website.

He'd also call off his dittohead attack dogs, who, in classic Karl Rove mode, are seeking to defame and "punish" Bradbury for daring to criticize him.

Moore is a giant hypocrite. And RB was dead-on: Moore is a horrible human being!

Posts: 11 | Location: London | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The recent deluge of posts certainly presents examples of the sort of fans Moore attracts vs. the sort of fans Bradbury attracts.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm just not reading the right posts, but it seems to me that the majority of critical posts reflect dismay on the part of people who have appreciation for the work of both men rather than an attempt to defame. Like it or not, Bradbury stepped into a controversy and it is only natural for people to come to a site like this to discuss it. To elevate it to a conspiracy as you and some other long term members seem to be doing, well isn't that one of the major criticisms leveled toward "911?" Isn't that ironic, don't you think?

Posts: 17 | Location: nowhere, AK | Registered: 24 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Teetop,

I see your point about a possible conspiracy explaining the deluge of posts by fans of Michale Moore. When I made the suggestion about the possibility of a talking points memo, I was only half-serious. As time went on, I began to wonder if I hadn't, in fact, been entirely serious. But, yes, I can see, I suppose, that every one of these posters came here on their own impulse.

I wonder, though, does Michael Moore have a similar website? (I know, I know, I'm too lazy to find out for myself.) If so, does he have a similar board? And, if so, I wonder about the number of pro-Brabdury posters that have turned up over there. Finally, if the tables were indeed turned, I wonder how the pro-Michael Moore forces would view the pro-Bradbury invasion.

Probably in a not too dis-similar vein.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pete,

I wondered the same thing, so I checked out Moore's site yesterday. I didn't see a message board, but given how politically charged his work is I wouldn't be surprised if he had one at some point and deleted it. I don't know if you have visited many Yahoo boards, but they get really nastily parisan. If you think this has been bad, just imagine what Moore boards would look like.

Ted

Posts: 17 | Location: nowhere, AK | Registered: 24 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Teetop,

I can only imagine. I haven't visited many other boards at all but the few I have I've found to be confusing to follow and not civil at all. That's why I like this one. Even when things get crazy, it's fascinating to read. We may not always stay on topic but that's part of its charm, if you ask me.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
The recent deluge of posts certainly presents examples of the sort of fans Moore attracts vs. the sort of fans Bradbury attracts.

yay!! more snooty elitism!! my favorite!! teetop had it a little more on the nose if you ask me....

why dont you stop grouping people into dumb little categories and start listening, dandelion...

.................God o' <br />Thunder...........

Posts: 70 | Location: US | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thormachine. How come you write such rude things? I read your previous posts and you are not veyr likeable.

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post