Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    A Dangerous Toy

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Dangerous Toy
 Login/Join

posted
My name is Mike Watson and I play bass guitar in a band called Dangerous Toys. In the early 1990s I wrote and recorded a song called "Illustrated Man" based on the book. It appeared on an Dangerous Toys album which was titled "Pissed". It's loud rock & roll so, be warned if you listen to it.

I religiously read Ray's stories when I was a child. Today, when I read anything by him it makes me think of being a boy in summertime with green lawns and a tree in my front yard that was sometimes a rocket.

Posts: 1 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greetings Mike Watson, and welcome to the board!

Is there a place on the internet your fellow Ray Bradbury fans may listen to your music? (fanpage, music center, etc...)

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here!

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike! I have the album and have shared a link to the song on my Facebook. I share it here now.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great music Mr. Watson! (or just Mike)

"Oh, death!"