Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Name that story: Frankenstein on Mars

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name that story: Frankenstein on Mars
 Login/Join

posted
I am trying to locate a short story that I am pretty sure is a Bradbury work. The premise is that all fictional and mythical monsters, witches and beasts (good and evil I think) have retreated to Mars in the face of the Age of Reason and now are preparing to fight off an "invasion" by an approaching ship filled with Men of Science.

What is the name of this story and in what collection(s) does it appear?

Posts: 1 | Location: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are "The Exiles" from "Illustrated Man" that is one of the weirdest stories ive ever read, my friend. but i read it again and i understood it fine.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post