Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Information about The Martian Chronicles

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Information about The Martian Chronicles
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone help me answer some questions about this book?
email me at cj63088@hotmail.com if you can help thanks!

[This message has been edited by cj (edited 01-29-2003).]

Posts: 1 | Registered: 29 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cj:
Martian Chronicles...is actually a compilation of short stories, many published in science fiction magazines in the 1940's, knitted together with a theme. Bradbury was influenced by writer of the novel, "Winesburg, Ohio", Sherwood Andersen.

I believe an agent by the ironic last name of... 'Bradbury', in New York...suggested to Ray that he knit the stories together with a theme....

Why not post your questions on-line. You may get more help...sometimes more than you thought you needed....

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 01-29-2003).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with Nard. (Unless, of course, they are "personal" questions about the book.) By posting the questions on the site, more people can pitch in with answers, AND others can see what information is being exchanged. It is not uncommon for me to read a series of postings and go read something I haven't read for a long time (or at all) or to look at things in a new, more insightful way. Or to be able to add a new angle to what others are posting.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cj

Twas must be late... I tried typing in the web site address for a Martian Chronicles site...and it just will NOT take the address for the web site....It comes back on the screen with only half an address. After 3 attempts.. I give up. Anyway, does anyone know if Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings director) is a Bradbury fan?

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 02-01-2003).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure about that, but know he's done very diverse projects. Tolkien was another author adapted wrong a number of times before being done right.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post