Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Dinosaur Tales from new publisher

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dinosaur Tales from new publisher
 Login/Join

posted
There've been discussions on creating an anthology of the Mars stories or an update of The Martian Chronicles.

In the bookstore today, I saw a new release of "Dinosaur Tales" by Mr. Bradbury. As the name implies, it is a collection of his dinosaur stories.

My prior (old) issue was published by Bantam books in 1983. I like the cover art, but it was a small book (roughly 4" x 7"). The new publication is larger (roughly 6" x 9"), so the black and white artwork inside is larger.

The foreward (Ray Harryhousen) and introduction (Ray Bradbury) look unchanged.

They have included all the original illustrations and included margin illustrations that really add a lot to it. It has a very nice interior look to it.

It is now published by:

ideabooks, inc.
24 West 25th Street
New York, NY 10010 http://www.ibooks.net
ISBN 0-7434-5897-4
First ibooks, inc. printing February 2003.

For those who don't have it, it should now be available to you.

My only wish is that they had also put out a larger, hardcover version on high-quality stock for those who are willing to spend the money. The art is quite good, and would look great a bit larger and on art-quality stock. (I also preferred to Bantam cover art.)

The following stories are included:

-- "Besides a Dinosaur, Whatta Ya Wanna Be When You Grow Up? (Ill. by David Wiesner)

-- "A Sound of Thunder" (Ill. by William Stout)

-- "Lo, the Dear, Daft Dinosaurs!" (Ill. by Overton Loyd)

-- "The Fog Horn" (Ill. by Steranko)

-- "What if I said: The Dinosaur's Not Dead" (Ill. by Gahan Wilson)

-- "Tyrannosaurus Rex" (Ill. by Meobius)

Just an fyi . . .

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 01-30-2003).]

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post