Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Why are we here?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why are we here?
 Login/Join

posted
With the availability of the new board, why do we still come here?
Because we want to?
Yes.
And�?

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm here because you're here.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's our fort, our clubhouse. Plus it's spooky in here.

Admittedly, with all the spam, it's gotten a tawdry element to it. Don't like that aspect, but as long as its possible to type, why not? There have been some spectacular discussions on this board that would have been frowned on at the new one. Maybe the real conservatives would be asking themselves if they really want this board shut down. Could lead to a diverse element that could cause diffusion of the minds.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it wasn't for the awful spam that's hitting the fan here, wouldn't have anything to say about closing this site down. But there is NO officer at the doorway here.

Finally got a hold of someone that can do something about this...either transfer all posts to the new board, or filter out the obnoxious spam. Her name is Sara Bogush of Harper-Collins. Wish her well...

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, for one, have never noted any "stuffiness" on the new board. If someone there has a problem, ignore it and be yourselves, say I.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mind is already diffused. Evil twin, and all.

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 10-05-2006).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post