Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Little help here

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little help here
 Login/Join

posted
Are there any other books in the Death is a Lonely Business/Graveyard for Lunatics series? I think these are the first two, but I may be wrong.

Posts: 8 | Location: Harrow, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 12 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AHA, it's great that you even recognize it as a series! Someone shares my conviction on this! "Death is a Lonely Business" was the first, then "A Graveyard for Lunatics" (my favorite) and "Green Shadows, White Whale." The forthcoming title is "Let's All Kill Constance!"

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've pre-ordered my copy of "Let's all kill Constance" on Amazon.com. It comes out in just a week or two, I believe.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok on the "series," of DILB, GFL, and now new LAKC, but to put GS,WW in with these - I am not sure I catch the connection.

Unless, of course, you meant because they are all semi-autobiographic!? In any case, anyone who reads RB only for the SF, fantastic, and the like, sure misses some of his other greatest moments layed down to page. Humor, irony, satire, bizarre characters, and a keen insight into his view (you think?) of everyday life. These are not always evident in the pure, classic fictional tales for which he may be best recognized (MC, IM, SWTWC, F451, etc).

No one does it better over the span of so many genre!

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I really enjoyed this series so far. I'll look for GS, WW even if it's not part of the series just because it's a Bradbury book I've not read. Thanks for the help!

[This message has been edited by The_Man_From_Mars (edited 12-14-2002).]

Posts: 8 | Location: Harrow, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 12 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post