Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Dedication to Carey McWilliams in "Golden Apples..."

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dedication to Carey McWilliams in "Golden Apples..."
 Login/Join

posted
A relative has given me what appears to be a first edition of The Golden Apples of the Sun. Inside is a handwritten dedication to the writer Carey McWilliams, signed by Bradbury and dated (1953). Does anyone know of the nature of the relationship between McWilliams and Bradbury, if any?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 20 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
kwc

Unless you actually got the info from Ray himself, it's of course impossible to tell among those named Carey McWilliams just which one it is.

But, to tantalize the imagination a bit, here's one Carey McWilliams. Interesting bio.

http://www.answers.com/topic/carey-mcwilliams

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I'm certain it is the writer Carey McWilliams, given the text of the dedication (in which Bradbury expresses his admiration for McWilliams' books).

I'd be delighted with any further information.

Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 20 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post