Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Gauntlet Press Halloween Tree

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gauntlet Press Halloween Tree
 Login/Join

posted
I just ordered the new Halloween Tree edition from Amazon.com. After I went to Gauntlet's home page, I saw that there are a couple of signed editions available. I paid $80 at Amazon, and Gauntlet is charging $75. Anybody know if I'm getting signed from Amazon. Their info page isn't telling me anything.

Posts: 3 | Location: Lawrence, KS | Registered: 24 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know for sure, of course; but when I bought the "Dark Carnival" from Amazon, it was not sighned and I paid 125.00 for it. The Guantlet edition, for the same price, was numbered and signed. That may be the same here.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know for sure either, but Gauntlet's web page makes it seem as if the only editions that will exist will be the signed/numbered version and the lettered version, so I can't see what else it could be that Amazon would supply.

I see that Amazon has it listed as paperback, whereas I assumed it was hardback. They also have it down as "reading age 9-12", which is amusing. Sure, the original book would have suited this target audience, but this edition is full of publishing "trivia" which won't appeal to the average pre-teen!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey all-

I called Gauntlet about this today and got some more info. It seems that Amazon is selling WAY more of these then they actually have access to, so if anybody wants one they need to go to GauntletPress.com to get one. I cancelled my Amazon order and re-ordered from Gauntlet instead. Also, if you look up Gauntlet's limited and signed Dark Carnival on Amazon, they show it as available but out of stock. This has been sold out and out of print for more than a year now (unless you want the $1000 numbered, lettered version). Anyway, the guy at Gauntlet was very cool and I can't wait to get a whiff of my favorite Bradbury this Halloween!

Posts: 3 | Location: Lawrence, KS | Registered: 24 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post