Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    RayBradbury.com

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RayBradbury.com
 Login/Join

posted
Just wanted to let you all know that we have updated Ray's website with his new books and a new letter from Ray, too. Please stop by and check it out -- and we ask you to excuse us for not having updated this for such a long time!

Posts: 25 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished reading Farewell Summer, now starting it again. I noticed that on the "other works by Ray Bradbury" page there in the list of works is: One Timeless Spring. I thought that I knew all of Rays works but this one has me puzzled. I think it was a story from Long After Midnight, but I never saw a separate book? anyone know about this?

By the way the New (Old) book, Farewell Summer is a marvel, but I found that I had to wait until the last chapter to really appreciate Ray's humor and the message of the work, that each generation should stop the WAR, and ultimately pass on their spirit to the next. I loved the book, and I had just completed re-reading Dandelion Wine for upteeth time prior to starting Farewell Summer. Put them beside each other, they go together so well.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TK, thanks so much for posting a new In His Own Words addition. We have all been looking forward to it.

I had called him about a year ago asking him about a new entry and he couldn't remember what he had written prior so I faxed the early letters to him and waited and waited. Nothing! But with all of his other activities it is no wonder that he didn't get a new letter written.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TK, thanks for updating the site (and for notifying us). Your posts on here have been helpful and reassuring, a sign that Ray's publishers have some presence on this forum. Such a sign has been lacking for a very long time.

Would you mind telling us a bit more about who YOU are, and what your role is? I can't be the only board member who is curious about this!

With thanks

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here, here!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least TK are not the initials of Judith Regan, the woman behind the Regan Book divison at HARPER-COLLINS.

Specifically the publisher of Ray Bradbury is now publishing a new book by O.J. Simpson. HARPER-COLLINS is pushing the book as a genuine confession by Simpson of the murders of his wife and boyfriend back in the 1990's. This is raunchy-for-the-money in your face as you can get by HARPER-COLLINS. Simpson can come out and explain all the details and own up to the act of murders, and the law cannot touch him.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's pretty money-grubbing on the part of the publisher, who I don't believe has any interest in helping Simpson, or the families of the victims. If the law can do anything, it's to prosecute him for perjury, but after all they lost in the criminal trial it's a good question as to whether they'd want to bother.

Posts: 7304 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you appreciate the site updates; our goal is to update it each time a new Bradbury is published.

I am the Associate Director of Marketing at William Morrow, the imprint of HarperCollins that publishes Ray Bradbury, among many other superduper authors.

Regarding ONE TIMELESS SPRING, I can't find it listed on the site. Could you post the link to the page so I can investigate for you? Thanks.

I'd also like to take this moment, while I have your attention, to encourage you all to stop by www.outofthiseos.com and enter our Ask Ray contest. Email the blog your question(s) for Ray about FAREWELL SUMMER, and the people who submit the ten best questions will win a signed copy of the new novel and will get Ray's answer to their question posted on the blog.

Posts: 25 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw One Timeless Spring a night or so back, also. It is no longer displayed??

I did not open to read the synopsis, most unfortunately!

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wanted to let you know that the answers to the winning questions in our "Ask Ray" competition will be posted on www.outofthiseos.com today.

A lot of wonderful questions were submitted, and we've got 10 + 1 Q&A's for you to read.

posted Hide Post
Oh DARN!!! I just saw this thread for the first time. I know I woulda won.Frowner

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darn is right. Here would have been my question:

~ Is it true that you actually once got writer Carl Sandburg a job? And if so, would you explain exactly how that all happened? ~

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darn! As well! I knew about the contest but procrastinated. For some reason I forgot that it was a contest and felt that if I have a question, which I have had in the past, I would simply pick up the phone can call Ray and ask him.

But, I realize, that not everyone has that privilege to do so.

But my question would have been: Ray, if you did drive what kind of car would you be driving?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post