Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Help please to ID story from my vague memories..

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help please to ID story from my vague memories..
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
It's been so long. I read this story as a in the 60s and now it's important to me to give it to the young daughter of my best friends. Why? I think the story says something about how short life is - and how important it is to seize the time.

I think it was a story by Ray but I'm not 100% sure...

It goes something like: There is this young couple on a planet where everyone grows and ages very rapidly. There is a space ship to help them escape - but getting to the ship is nearly impossible due to radiation. The short trip to the ship is so difficult to make that everyone else either doesn't try or dies trying. The couple succeeds in the race to the ship and gets inside where they are shielded from the accelerated aging.

I'd appreciate it greatly if anyone can identify the story name. (Apologies if it's not one of Ray's stories).

David

Posts: 1 | Location: Emeryville, CA USA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, it's a Bradbury story. Smiler It's "Frost and Fire", which can be found in R is For Rocket.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is the movie of this in the works coming along?

Posts: 7304 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post