Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Arkham House

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arkham House
 Login/Join

posted
At the August Derleth 100th Birthday celebration in Sauk City, Wisconsin on February 24th, it was announced that Robert Weinberg and Dr. George A. Vanderburgh are the new editors at Arkham House Publishers. They are seeking to contact Ray Bradbury with regards to reprinting several of his stories that appeared in the Arkham Sampler. They can be contacted through Arkham House.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRobAWD:
They are seeking to contact Ray Bradbury...

I have emailed Mr B about this. Hopefully, he will contact you.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which contact email do you suggest? They do not have a listing of people, just these generic addresses.

sales@arkhamhouse.com

service@arkhamhouse.com

webmaster@arkhamhouse.com

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Which contact email do you suggest?

I gave him all three, plus the address and phone numbers.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRobAWD:
They are seeking to contact Ray Bradbury...

Arkham folks, just received this back from Mr B's daughter:

Thanks so much, John, for sending this on. I've passed it along to dad's agent in New York and they'll be in touch with Arkham.

I hope all is going well.

Smiler Zee

She's sweet.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I hope something happens with this. I would love to see some of those reprints in a collected form by Arkham House. It's like Ray returning to his roots, where his first collection was published.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A book currently in print from Arkham House, ARKHAM'S MASTERS OF HORROR, features not only a collection of stories by the writers from the publisher's "golden era" (including Ray Bradbury), but also background essays on each writer and that writer's work for Arkham House. In Ray's case, the books spend several pages discussing his relationship (both in business and as personal friends) with August Derleth. Here is a link to the book on the Arkham House website:

http://www.arkhamhouse.com/miv...t_Code=0-87054-177-3

Posts: 2461 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post