Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Martian Chronicles

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Martian Chronicles
 Login/Join

posted
I am writing an essay using The Martian Chronicles- which I loved. But I need to use another book for comparison. A book about the appreciation of other cultures, like in Bradbury's book. It would be a great help if I knew of some other books. Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 14 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't think of a specific book off the top of my head, but for this kind of task you can't beat Google Books as a starting point.

(If you're not familiar with this, just go to http://books.google.com and type in some search terms. Many of the books that come up will have a "search inside" or "view sample pages" option. It will be hard work to sift through the books that are not relevant to your topic, but you're not afraid of a bit of hard work, are you...)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't know about the "other cultures" part, but the book probably most similar to The Martian Chronicles is Winesburg, Ohio.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post