Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Where Ray shows up in real life...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where Ray shows up in real life...
 Login/Join

posted
Okay, I think I made this thread before, but I can't find it so possibly A) I'm Crazy, or B) It got Deleted, but either way I want to know where will Ray show up in Real life? What Events will he attend? I know ComicCon but I'm can't drive all the way to San Diego, and I don't really want to pay $50. So will he go anywhere else, maybe on his tour? Could you post links? I'd appreciate it if you could.

Posts: 44 | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alexander, due to health concerns, Ray rarely travels outside the Los Angeles metropolitan area these days. Therefore, if you want to see him, you will likely have to go out to Los Angeles. Incidentally, both Ray and Sam Weller will be signing Sam's new biography of Ray this Saturday, May 28, at 12 noon at the Mystery and Imagination Bookshop in Glendale, California.

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's understandable that he isn't able to go to far away from his city, but might there be anything with a little more warning? The reason is that while the drive wouldn't be hard to accomplish the date that you mentioned is a bit close. Is there anything in L.A. over the weekend, maybe a month or so down the road? If so please let me know, and Richard thank you for answering my initial post. I really want an opportunity to meet Mr.Bradbury soon.

posted Hide Post
I'd just like to bump up my thread so my second question could be answered, and also I'm still hoping for a site with all his appearance dates, if there is one.

posted Hide Post
For Nard and all the other fans in the Chicago area, in addition to Sam's upcoming appearance at the Printers Row Book Fair, another appearance in our area has been added. I know you were actually asking about Ray's appearances, Alexander, but for many of us, Sam is the next best thing. On his website it says on June 27 he will be at the American Library Association 2005 Annual Convention, held at McCormick Place. He will have a live video conference call to Ray followed by a book signing. Sounds like fun to me! Speaking of fun, be sure to keep going back to Sam's website. It is updated often, with all kinds of great articles and reviews. When you go to the home page, click on "Messages." There is a great picture and a fun article.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MYSTERY AND IMAGINATION

Fine Books for Readers and Collectors

www.mysteryandimagination.com

RAY BRADBURY in our shop tomorrow May 28, at Noon!

Mr. B returns to our shop to sign copies of, among other titles, the new bio by Sam Weller, THE BRADBURY CHRONICLES.

And that's not all: tomorrow is our BIGGEST signing day ever---

Saturday, May 28: Five fascinating authors will be signing books.

Pre-orders and mail orders for all the following books are being taken now. As usual, you may order any and all of the titles listed at our secure website: www.mysteryandimagination.com. But, if you're in the neighborhood, please drop by and join us in the shop for this special day:

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well it looks as if I won't be able to make the Mystery and Imagination signing Frowner. I have other stuff to do, and just can't get there this week. But if he's doing anything more around L.A. I could try to make it so please keep me informed. Thanx

posted Hide Post
Alexander,

Do you participate at the Asimov's Board?

========================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most Certainly... I even have the same name. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Hey! It's me...RAINTASTER.

Very cool to see you at both places. It was your message about one of RB's recent signings that gave it away.

==============================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very, Very Cool, Raintaster.

posted Hide Post
Everyone,

It was from Alexander that I found out about the X Minus One radio shows being available online.

Alexander,

If I had known that the Asimov's "Alexander" and the Bradbury "Alexander" were one and the same, I wouldn't have stolen you're thunder.

...and there was a sound of thunder.

==============================

posted Hide Post
Grasstains,

It's ok, steal as much thunder as you want. I hadn't thought of posting the link here. And if it hadn't been for you these fine fans would have been deprived of listening to these wonderful programs. Really Grasstains you should give your self a pat on the back Big Grin.

Also, I'm planning to start a Bradbury Thread on Asimovs. The reason is that no matter how much I like this thread it's kind of a hassle logging in because I have to accept a bunch of cookies, which means I have to remember to lower my cookie protection before signing in.

But back to the matter at foot, when is Bradbury going to appear in another southern California bookstore? I think if it's around noon on a Sunday I could make it. But please, please, please, feel free to list any dates available.