Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "the last night of the world" in Illustrated Man

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"the last night of the world" in Illustrated Man
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know why the date is chosen as October 16,1969 for the last day. Did something happen that day of apparent significance in the world or on a smaller level. Was it meant to represent just a nother, nothing day? Any thoughts would be appreciate. Sincerely max

Posts: 1 | Location: davis, ca usa | Registered: 11 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since the story was published way before that date, I assume it was randomly chosen. All I can tell you is the story by this title in the book bears almost NO resemblance to the story by the same title in the movie. I never have learned where they got that one.

Posts: 7304 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post