Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Looking for the Curriculum Unit of the Martian Chronicles

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for the Curriculum Unit of the Martian Chronicles
 Login/Join

posted
Hello!
If anyone knows eher I might find a copy of the curriculum unit on the Martian Chronicles, I would be most appreciative. I am using this text in my science classroom as a literary accompaniment to our 8th grade unit on the solar system. I have found the unit which accompanies Fahrenheit 451, and this is one of our books of the month read-alouds, but I can't find the MC anywhere. I have searched the internet with no luck.
any advice would be helpful.
thanks

Posts: 2 | Location: Jacksonville, FL USA | Registered: 13 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjpalumbo posted this on 05-15-2002 in response to a similar request:
Thorough amd accurate: M. Chronicles http://www.educationplanet.com/search/redirect?id=12864&mfcount=1&mfkw=ray_bradbury&startval=0

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi!
I found an excellent curriculum unit for the MC through The Center for Learning. You can order a free catalog which contains order and price information: Shipping/Business Office, P.O. Box 910, Villa Maria, PA 16155 or call(800)767-9090.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 25 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try:::: click on the following)

wwwmisterweb.com/guide.htm

and:::

aerospacescholars.tamu.edu/projects/program

If these work, means I typed them in correctly

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, Let's Try That Again:::

click on:

wwwmistergweb.com/guide.htm

aerospacescholars.tamu.edu/projects/program1_02/Christa_McAuliffe_jh/mcauliffe_jh_la.pdf-

also:::

manta.library.colostate.edu/research/english/ReadOnFC.html

...see if any of these work. (I hope I hope)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is insanity: You miss a speck, and you don't get connected to the other universe. This speck in the first one seems to be a .
www.mistergweb.com/guide,htm

the others I will have to see what micron I failed to locate properly

If the above doesn't work either, I Give Up.

posted Hide Post
Honestly, this is my last post:::
Now I stuck in a little - where it didn't belong. No wonder they miss Mars by just a few miles. If 'this' doesn't work, I shall banish myself to the cave of the unlearned.

aerospacescholars.tamu.edu/projects/program1_02/Christa_McAuliffe_jh/mcauliffe_jh_la.pdf

posted Hide Post
I didn't really make it to the "cave of the unlearned"...since my posting of a web site above will work if you type it all in the finder. Whhew! It just won't automatically click on. That also goes for:

manta.library.colostate.edu/research/english/ReadOnFC.html

posted Hide Post
Your persistence is an inspiration to us all.

Someone said Genius is 90% perspiration and 10% inspiration.

You're in good company.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you ....what a lively group! Can we meet for cyber coffee sometime?
Now, how about Fahrenheit 451 materials?
Anyone for a cup o' java?

Posts: 2 | Location: Jacksonville, FL USA | Registered: 13 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MSMITH47::::

On that above one I heretofore mentioned,
the direct website seems to have disappeared. But what comes up is a BOX requesting a search name.! So put in Martian Chronicles or Fahrenheit 451 and you'll get a bunch of info

That site was (is):
Manta.library.colostate.edu/research/english/ReadOnFC.html

posted Hide Post
MSMITH47:
I just tried that Website address I suggested to you for F-451 and MC...to make sure it does work... at least to produce a "Box Search," and now it goes directly to the previously disappeared Web site.
So if that happens, scroll down, and there's a lot of info on F-451. Again, you have to key in all the characters into the finder, since it won't "click on" as some Web addresses do. But then, who knows, maybe it'll work like that later.

posted Hide Post
Edison: Genius is 99% perspiration, 1% inspiration!"
Another quality location for Martian Chronicles info: http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/martianchronicles/

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post