Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Help! Looking for a Story Title

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help! Looking for a Story Title
 Login/Join

posted
I read a short story many years ago that I think was Ray Bradbury's, but can't remember the title. It's important I find it now, so any help would be appreciated....it is about a young Martian who, when he passes too close to people, changes into what/whom they want him to be. As I recall, he passes within the "thought range" of an older couple who lost their son, and he becomes - for them - that son. He goes home and they live happily for a while but eventually they come back to town on an errand and he walks too close to someone else and becomes that person's desired person. I think in the end he goes into "melt-down".
If anyone can tell me which story this is, I would be ecstatic! Thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The story you are looking for is called "The Martian." It is one of the chapters in Ray's novel, THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES.

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post