Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Writing Between the Websites!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Writing Between the Websites!
 Login/Join

posted
Alexander;

Underage?
And sounding intelligent?
This doesn't always go together. But it seems to here. The old adage that... "youth is wasted on the young" ...may not really apply here.

What country/city are you from? Or now reside?

N~O~T~E

I have not yet heard (this is Wednesday evening in Chicago, around 8:45PM) from Sam Weller, who was in New York last couple days. He said he would try to meet with Steve Ditko, co-creator of Spider-Man. Hope the meeting came about.

A~L~S~O

Latest news is that Ray's movie, ''A Sound of Thunder'' has now been ...

PUSHED TO OCTOBER!

Yikes!! (Well, then, again...maybe October isn't really such a bad month... (( for those wanting to know more about what kind of month October really is...please refer to a copy of Ray Bradbury's novel ''The October Country'', and begin your reading on the first few lines of Chapter ONE)) !!!

Thank You. & Over and Out!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Compliment Nard, the only thing is now I'll worry that my next post'll make me look like a complete and utter fool.

As for where I live I prefer not to say online, just as a safety precaution, but I do live in the USA.

[This message has been edited by Alexander (edited 06-16-2005).]

Posts: 18 | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"As for where I live I prefer not to say online, just as a safety precaution"

Alexander,

Good choice. I hope my kids turn out as wise as you. I think they will.

Have you introduced yourself over at Asimov's yet? There's a new thread for it now.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, not yet, but I'll try to get around to it soon even if it's just a copy and paste from the other thread.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This past Sunday, when I spoke to Ray on the phone, he said "A Sound of Thunder" would be released on Labor Day, and "they haven't told me" whether there'll be a premiere or where it will be.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard from Weller couple weeks ago that it would be in beginning of October, the release of ...Thunder. Hm? Ray has either old news or it has been changed to September again...

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So...the purpose of this orphaned website?

Perhaps to be more open with our opinions and feelings than the "newer' Bradbury website.

You say, "Wha?!" "Have not we been doing that?" Well, yes...and perhaps no. I don't think I have gotten down to the gut feelings on a lot of things...and about myself as well. After all...we cannot always be talking about Bradbury...and NOT bring our own mortal selves into it.

If anything, I'll start a new TOPIC...(as soon as I come up with an appropriate forum topic title) ...having to do with this purpose: The MOST Honest Comments About Bradbury And The' Poster' himself (or herself). The effort will sink or swim quickly enough.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 06-27-2005).]

posted Hide Post
Yer scarin' me bigtime, Nard!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just have a look at my shirt...What do you see?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the outside, major sweatstains. So realistic, considering that odd ticking sound from within....

posted Hide Post
Ah, but the PATTERN of the ersatz sweat stains? (Got the shirt from Dr. Brokaw, you know.)

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post