Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Help! Homework help - Kaleidoscope

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help! Homework help - Kaleidoscope
 Login/Join

posted
I need comfirmation for my idea; what's the main theme of this story? How does it relate to a kaleidoscope? I have an idea, not sure if I'm right, though.
Thank you in advance.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 20 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to give my take on this because it is one of my favorite stories by R.B. I think this story has many layers of symbolism within it. The main theme to it I believe is that life is unpredictable and you should enjoy or relish every second of it because you never know when it will be taken from you or someone close to you. The many insignificant squabbles that we constantly encounter in life do not amount to a hill of beans. What is important is love! The beauty of this world is many faceted like a kaleidoscopes image but also very fragile and brief just like each seperate image in the scope. Some people realize this and live accordingly while others do not until the very end when it is too late. Why don't you hug someone today and tell them that you love them. Marvel at the sunset and the stars and the wind in the trees tonight. Look for a meteor shooting whilst taking a midnight stroll(beware pedestrians everywhere). There may be a few Leonids left tonight in the sky...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post