Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    J. Weist Book Cover

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

J. Weist Book Cover
 Login/Join

posted
I saw what I think is ...
the cover of the new Bradbury Biography (or something like it), due out in October, 2002, by Jerry Weist. At least I took a look at the poster, which illustrates, I guess, the cover of the book. If it is the cover, it's really from an old "The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction" cover, which issued an anniversary (young) Bradbury edition years ago. (Tried finding a copy, but seems to be misplaced. I think is was early 70's?) The poster seems to have flopped the picture, left to right. Hmmm!
Anybody know anything about this?

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I belive that is the Weist cover. Isn't that a painting by Joe Mugnaini, Bradbury's cover artist of many years?

Posts: 6 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's right.
Come to think of it, that was Joe M.'s cover.
Ray must have had quite a few of those covers from The Mag of F&SF as blank note paper, 'cause years ago I had a letter from him on the back of one of those covers.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the cover was from the special Ray Bradbury issue, from 1963. It's a great collage, and I think it'll be nice to see it used again after all these years.

-Greg Miller

PS - Happy Birthday, Ray!!!!

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post