Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    christmas stories

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

christmas stories
 Login/Join

posted
I was browsing in an antiques/collectibles store today when I came across a book called "14 Favorite Christmas Stories." I love Christmas stories, so I picked it up and looked through it. The last story in it is "The Gift" by Ray Bradbury. I read it as soon as I got home and enjoyed it very much. Besides being a Christmas story, it is also a Martian story. Anyway, I was wondering if there are any other Christmas stories Ray has written. Anyone??

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Imskipper-

I had the same question around Christmas. Here is a link to that thread:
http://www.raybradbury.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000403.html

Posts: 85 | Location: San Dimas, CA USA | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Gift", which I believe originally appeared in the December, 1952 issue of Esquire Magazine, was also adopted by Ray into a televison script for a short-lived, 1950's TV series, STEVE CANYON (based on the comic script of the same name). The Christmas theme also appeared in Ray's TV script for the show.

Posts: 2480 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't "on board" back in December, so thanks for the link and the information.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post