Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    April signings?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

April signings?
 Login/Join

posted
I met Ray in April 2000 when I brought him to Tacoma for a public lecture that was the most magical evening I (and the community) have ever spent with an author. He, author Greg Bear and his family, my wife and I and William Mitchell, Dean of Architecture at MIT had a wonderful dinner together. Ray spoke to a SRO crowd in a downtown Baptist Church.

I am going to be in the Los Angeles area the first week of May. Does anyone know if he is signing anywhere that week? If not, is there some kind soul there willing to get me two signed copies of Farewell Summer. I fell in love with Dandelion Wine when I was 13. I gave my son a copy (which is now signed) when he was 13. I would like to have a flat signed copy for him as he is about to turn 26 (and selfishly one for myself). I am happy to pay retail for them or mail them down somewhere to get signed . Any assistance would be appreciated.

Posts: 2 | Location: Tacoma, Washington | Registered: 12 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Domkoski:
Ray spoke to a SRO crowd in a downtown Baptist Church.

Not bad for a "Fallen-away Baptist"!

Watch the board - there may be a signing. Otherwise, I'm sure we might be able to help you out.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David, the Mystery and Imagination Bookshop in Glendale, California is, I believe, still selling signed first editions of FAREWELL SUMMER at the retail price of $24.95. The store's address and phone number is: 238 N. Brand Boulevard, Glendale, California 91203. (818) 545-0206

If you prefer to order on-line, here is a link to their website. In the seach engine, just put the setting on "Title" and type in FAREWELL SUMMER:
http://www.mysteryandimagination.com/

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful.... Richard thank you very much!

Posts: 2 | Location: Tacoma, Washington | Registered: 12 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DAVID,

WHAT DATE IN 2000 WAS THE LECTURE, BY RAY BRADBURY.

TAKE CARE
PATRICK

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post