Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    I need help to find B's article" Green Shadows, White Whale"

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need help to find B's article" Green Shadows, White Whale"
 Login/Join

posted
I wonder if any of you know a site where I can find this article, as I live in Portugal I don't have that sort of information on libraries.
Thank you

Posts: 73 | Location: portugal | Registered: 10 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm fuzzy on this. I thought "Green Shadows, White Whale" was a book of poetry, not an article. I tried to order it on Amazon, but they couldn't locate it.

If it's an article, that would explain why they couldn't locate it as a book!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GS, WW in novel form is an account of RB'S travels to Ireland as a very young, just starting author. He is under the questionable guidance of ego-centric John Huston, the director-producer of much fame.

It is a semi-autobigraphic narrative (although the 1st person narrator is never named as RB). Great scenes of the countryside of Ireland, people, pubs, love affairs, auto rides at breakneck speeds, mysterious events, all filled with laughs and tears in a style only Mr. Bradbury can offer.

I have read it twice, actually slowing down when reading the book the first time (I did not want the book to end). Many classic Irish s.s. come from this book.

You can find copies of the book (reasonably priced) from on-line bookstores, E-bay or Half.com.

A must book for anyone who enjoys getting glimpses into RB's life, as well-camouflaged as he has kept it.

He finally did do justice to Melville's Great White Whale. The movie's screenplay, of course, is RB's work!

Here are a couple of sites for reviews:
http://www.sfsite.com/03a/gree52.htm
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?isbn=0380789663

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 01-02-2003).]

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your help!

Posts: 73 | Location: portugal | Registered: 10 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post