Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearance

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearance
 Login/Join

posted
Mr. Bradbury will be in Torrance tonight Friday May 21, 2004

7-9pm Torrance Cultural Arts Center
Free Admission he will be signing books

Posts: 1 | Location: Torrance, CA | Registered: 21 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray will be present ...at a 'whale and dolphin' conservation society, introducing, believe it or not, the movie... ''Moby Dick''. How strange, I think!

Nonetheless, it's 'this' upcoming Sunday, '''June 13th, at 3PM''' at the Warner -Grand Theater in Los Angeles area. The address is 478 West 6th Street. Call the number. May be in one of the suburbs. Phone number for info, tickets, etc. is:
310 548 7672

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 06-10-2004).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard beat me to it. Here's some more info:

6/13 Moby Dick (1956) 3 p.m. ($10 indiv or $25 series)
Intro remarks by Ray Bradbury; Benefit to American Cetacean Soc
Lunch or dinner at Whale & Ale: 15% benefits Amer. Cetacean Soc
Lunch at Think Cafe or Sixth Street Bistro (closed at dinner?)
Mr. Bradbury is screening his OWN COPY of the film - it's in mint condition!

That's something I'd like to attend. Unfortunately, I live many thousands of miles away!

- Phil, UK

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

Moby Dick will be playing in the city of San Pedro

Take care
Patrick

Posts: 89 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you know the address of the screening of Moby Dick?

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have answered my own question via the internet:
Warner Grand Theatre
478 West 6th Street
San Pedro, CA 90731 Sunday, Jun. 13, 2004
3:00 PM - 5:45 PM
The Warner-Grand Theatre is the last of three original such theatres, with opulent lobby and decorative ceilings, etched glass chandeliers and colorfully-tiled fountains dates from 1931 - recetnly purchased by the City of Los Angeles for San Pedro and is undergoing restoration to return it to its former glory. I hope I can make the screening. Tickets are availabel on line at: http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaID=69164

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post