Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    anyone cared enough to share the truth of heaven with you?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone cared enough to share the truth of heaven with you?
 Login/Join

posted
The Holy Bible describes Heaven as a beautiful place where people live forever with no death, sorrow, sickness and pain. {Revelation 21:4}

Hell is described as a place of suffering forever for all those who are not saved. {Matthew 13:50}

The good news is that about 2000 years ago Jesus Christ(God the Son) paid for everyone's sins or wrong doing by dying on the cross and rising from the dead after three days. {Mark 10:34}

God the Son came as a sinless man. {Philippians 2:5-8}

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto God(The Father), but by me." {John 14:6} He is our ONLY way to God(The Father) in Heaven.

The Holy Bible says, "That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God(The Father) raised Jesus Christ from the dead, you will be saved." {Romans 10:9}

You should not wait until later to get saved because you may die before you get another chance and you will miss Heaven.

If you want to be sure you will go to Heaven after this life is over just pray a meaningful prayer like the one below with your mouth and from your heart right now to God and you will be saved.

Dear God I want to be saved. Dear Jesus Christ Son of God I want to make you my personal Lord and Savior. Please forgive me of my sins or things I have done wrong in my life. Thanks Jesus Christ for taking my punishment for my sins by shedding your sinless blood on the cross and dying for my sins. Jesus Christ I now confess you as my Lord and believe in my heart that God(The Father) raised you from the dead. Amen.

If you just allowed God to save you then welcome to the family of God because you are now a Christian on your way to Heaven.

Please copy and send or email this message to your friends and family so they can have a chance to be saved.

http://GotQuestions.org/now-what.html << Go to this website if you were saved today.

RonaldLGrossi@yahoo.com << My home email is for comments and questions.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's not Mr Knox, is it?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, NO! But, heck, sounds good to me! But read on:

I think (in my opinion) to attract a listening crowd in this day and age, you first have to be fully aware that much of the western civilization is burnt out on TV evangelists that are of the, shall we say, screwy persuasion, or the number of arguing denominations, the fallen Catholic priests, the fallen Evangelical preachers, and on and on. So much food is overlooked. And the historic importance of Christianity is vast and enormously noteworthy. Much of this country is founded on men of Christian mind, and offshoots of the basic tenants of the faith.
But nowadays, a strong dose of poetry immersed in the Holy Spirit, the arts in general, or the very basic formulating descriptions of the character of God wrouight in God inspired prose, will be the only thing to make the media watcher take up and note. The whole industry is mired in great heaps of dung.

The artist of high moral character who has based his life on a the values of the human heart shaped by God, is what endures in art the world over. Now, more than ever, a triple dose, a hundred-fold expression of all the good that art has presented in the past, is needed, to express ther Gospel. Tho the Gospel needs no interpretation, sincr it interprets itself, an expression of its meaning in contemporary terms within the power of God being kind to stupid people in these times, is what's needed more than ever.

It's a disaster outside!!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ou got that right, Phil.

Ray Bradbury is amazing because he infers the character of God into his writings, tho he may not recognize that as God. Others like C.S. Lewis directly embrace the character of God, tho not as eloquently. But then you have great composers that embrace God in Christ, and their works endure thru the generations. egardless of how people mis-interpreted the Bible to kill others, or cause carnage within themselves, the Bible was important enough for it to be the first book ever printed.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its like bible camp all over again. only I'm not crying and pretending I'm somewhere else.

ahhhh Mr. Mcfarlene

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had nice cookies and punch at our vacation bible school. I liked it quite a bit. And we got to make cool art projects.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WildGravity, somebody should send a letter to Bradbury telling him to keep the Bible rhetoric out as well. Those comments of his in answering those questions and bringing in the Bible was unnecessary, don't you think? As well as those poems of his about God and his short stories about Jesus, like The Man. Should we just ignore those things? I was surprised how much of the Bible he talked about in Fahrenheit 451. I'm getting my scissors out.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is an interesting thread indeed!
As a Christian (RB fan) I've always been fascinated by how Christ and Biblical allusions recur in Ray's stories. 'The Man' is probably the most obvious example, but there are many others.
embroiderer, please keep the scissors in the drawer! (your spiritual stance aside, consider the irony of hacking pieces out of F-451!)

Posts: 125 | Location: NSW South Coast, Australia | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oz-crumley:
from reading previous posts, embroiderer was certainly trying to be funny, in response to WildGravity!

WildGravity, you do have to take note that a lot of Bradbury's works have been influenced in one way or another by his early religious Christian upbringing. Tho he has gotten away from lot of those early beliefs and instead installed mysticism and strange ideologies compared to what he was earlier presented with, a strong thread of influence from God' working runs thru his creative work. This only makes for difficulty in analyzing a man who has shut off a lot of overt expression of early religious truths, tho its strong indelible "ink" of sorts remains fastened.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Broid, I don't really believe anyone truly likes everything any author has written; we are all human.
However, you may want to keep those scissors within reach - The Lonely One may still be out there...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
Others like C.S. Lewis directly embrace the character of God, tho not as eloquently.

I don't know about that - Lewis is right up there with the best of 'em!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildGravity:
Its like bible camp all over again. only I'm not crying and pretending I'm somewhere else.

You're funny!

Yes, this certainly brings back some bad memories for me as well from my extreme conservative-right upbringing.

But Mr Knox has it right - much of it is because of the "burnt-out" thing.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
We had nice cookies and punch at our vacation bible school. I liked it quite a bit. And we got to make cool art projects.

But did they also frighten you with maniacal eschatological spewings?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
...a lot of Bradbury's works have been influenced in one way or another by his early religious Christian upbringing.

He's a "Fallen-away-Baptist"!

Ronald, we limit our religious discussion to one thread - sorry!

See you in the "Orange Crop" section.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
WildGravity, somebody should send a letter to Bradbury telling him to keep the Bible rhetoric out as well. Those comments of his in answering those questions and bringing in the Bible was unnecessary, don't you think? As well as those poems of his about God and his short stories about Jesus, like The Man. Should we just ignore those things? I was surprised how much of the Bible he talked about in Fahrenheit 451. I'm getting my scissors out.

Theres more than one way to burn a book.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post