Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Member Help

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Member Help
 Login/Join

posted
I'd really appreciate any response I can possibly get. I've been working on a research paper on Ray Bradbury, for my A.P. Literature class. This site has been very helpful, but I was wondering if perhaps you could help me with one more thing. I have been trying to find other sources by Bradbury which address the issue of censorship. I've read his books and about 150 forums on this site, and what I've gleaned so far is the very obvious, Fahrenheit 451 and the chapter Usher II in The Martian Chronicles. Do you perhaps know of any others? I'm sure there are plenty, with his numerous works, but I'm running out of time, and I don't know if I can do it alone. Thank you so much.
~Duck

[This message has been edited by LittleDuck (edited 03-25-2004).]

Posts: 6 | Location: Belding, MI, USA | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Smile" is a collected story, and I believe "Bright Phoenix" is also collected. "Pillar of Fire" is about book burnings and other forms of censorship. Others?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh Thanks you so much! You have no idea how much you've helped!

Posts: 6 | Location: Belding, MI, USA | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, "The Pedestrian" is a classic story about an unnamed state's suppression of freedom of thought and action. Ray wrote it after almost being arrested by the LA police. His so-called "crime"? Just taking a walk one evening.

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's really interesting. Thanks a lot!

posted Hide Post
Try "The Exiles" in Illustrated Man.

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about "The Murderer," which can be found in Golden Apples of the Sun?

[This message has been edited by groon (edited 03-26-2004).]

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post