Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Dragon Ate His Tail
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Dragon Ate His Tail
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Nugatory?

(Check out my previous post somewhere citing the N.Y.T. Dictionary foreword for a whloe plethora of recondite lexical gems!)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic,
Are you a sesquipedalianist? I see no evidence of it. And my comments need not come under the category of sesquipedalianism so I’ll cut this short and just say that sesquipedalian is a good word.

Good one.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(In response to now-deleted post from now-banned member, so I have to edit this post to explain following remarks--dandelion.)

All, I have an idea: why don't we just ignore this one?

Could work if we don't feed it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"It", being the key word there.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
All, I have an idea: why don't we just ignore this one?

Could work if we don't feed it.

Of course, the same could be said for me, so...

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not in this case, not for an instant Doug.Smiler

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
philnic,
Are you a sesquipedalianist?

No. Keep it short. Words of one syll.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, I saw your prior inquiry in this string of postings about delay in receiving the limited edition of FAREWELL SUMMER being published by Subterranean Press. I received an e-mail from Subterranean Press this morning, saying that the limited editions would be shipped later this week. Better late than never!

Posts: 2472 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray's comments on the Subterranean Press limited edition of FAREWELL SUMMER are posted on the Press' website. They are highly complimentary:

http://www.subterraneanpress.com/

Posts: 2472 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post