Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Where did Ray go?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where did Ray go?
 Login/Join

posted
Okay I posted this on the other forum, but I actually do feel a bit more comfortable here... So I will re-ask my question to the people who'll probably know.

Where did Ray Bradbury go?

It says on the "Ask the Author" link that he's still writing...everyday! So is it just that he no longer submits to any Science Fiction or Fantasy Magazines? I haven't been able to find anything by him in any publication. Did he just quit writing for them? If he's writing why doesn't he get anything new published?

[This message has been edited by Alexander (edited 05-07-2005).]

Posts: 18 | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if he still writes everyday, I doubt it. He had planned to write a sequel to FAHRENHEIT 451, then a year, or so, ago abandoned the project. I hope he destroyed whatever he did have typed. It's always terrible when someone discovers a hidden manuscipt an author left unfinished, and some other author fills in the blanks and gets it published.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray always says he's "Doing great. I'm finishing my work." He has written 1,000 words per day, every day, since the age of 12, unless actually in the hospital or something, and has had at least a book a year out for the last several years--I really doubt he has quit writing, or intends to.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't really think so, and I did looked over the Cat's Pajamas content page, and found out that it does have new stories in it (2003). But if he writes a 1,000+ words per day then why doesn't he submit more stories, or get more published some how? I'm sure many of them would be great.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is how he gets the material for his collections of short stories. He writes, or now dictates to his daughter Alexandra, every day. When a story is completed he puts into a file. There are still many files containing stories that are selected to be in a new collection. That is why with Cat's Pajamas and other recent works, there are stories never seen before from many years ago.

I think that it is a neat way to keep things interesting and fresh. Although I feel the same as you do, I wish that there a new book a week from Ray. I whip right through the collections and then have withdrawal symptoms.

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post