Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    HOLIDAY GREETINGS 2005-2006

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HOLIDAY GREETINGS 2005-2006
 Login/Join

posted
....MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
* AND
A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006

_____

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 12-22-2005).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As Orthodox Christians have said for about 2000 years,
"Christ is born!
Glorify Him!"

And, to all else,
Happiest of Holidays!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peace be with you all. . .

Posts: 109 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Braling II for that post...

Being myself a Christian, even for some time (that is, a believer in Jesus Christ) one always learns more...and more...and begins to see that it is an endless learning...

For instance, in first Chapter of Ephesians, it says...before God made anything, before he made the universe, the stars, the heavens, by gosh, God already knew me, and provided a way for me to be pleasing to Him. Now, wrap your mind around THAT one:

Before anything!!

Then it goes on to say that I am made pleasing to God...because he placed me in the character and person of his Son, Jesus Christ. In THAT person of Christ, is all the wisom of God. Now by placing me in the person of his Son, I am now pleasing to Him, for His Son is the only person God recognizes.... Oh, but he recognizes me when I am in the person of His beloved!!

But ALL THIS takes place BEFORE God made anything.

I read that first chapter of Ephesians in so many different translations, the King James, The new expanded King James, the New American Standard, the Roman Catholic, the Good News Catholic, The New Living Translation, etc etc...and it is mesmerizing to let God let you see what is all meant by those words...God loved you before he made anything.

_

The other thing that has been on my mind a lot lately is the end of the 'first' chapter I believe, of Collosians. It says...that Christ presents us to the father totally blameless, cleansed from any wrong doing, perfect and pleasing before the father. And then the next sentence the writer of Colosssians says is this: "Don't forget what I just told you! You must not!

Wow!

Only thru the Holy Spirit can we continually be reminded of our position in Christ. Oh, the rigors and toils of this world that wants to knock that understanding out of us by the passing blows of it's anger towards God.

_

Anyway, I recently enjoyed Stephen Baldwin, the actor of the Baldwin brothers, speaking about his conversion. He is genuine. A marvel of God's grace. It was a treat and a great time to listen to him the other day....

Best wishes to All on this Christmas Season..

Nard Kordell
Christmas 2005

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 12-24-2005).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post