Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Attack on Farenheit 9/11 Shows Partisan Support of Ultra-Right By Bradbury
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attack on Farenheit 9/11 Shows Partisan Support of Ultra-Right By Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hey pindik:

Calm down, man. You're getting yourself all tied into a knot. Used to have to go to Carson quite a bit when I lived in LA. Right off the 91 Freeway.

Anyway, when you can, why don't you check out my music and give me your opinion, since you seem to be into music. Try listening ""Rails"", which is one of my favorites, and tell me what you think. Turn up the volume.
http://www.catchaway.com

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pindik,

Thanks for your reply. Of course you can ruffle feathers. We thrive on debate. But we try to maintain a civil and respectful tone.

By the way, I know Nard only from these posts. I wouldn't characterize him the way you do at all. For example, his post above seems to dispute your assumption quite well.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find it odd and mildly disconcerting that Mr. Bradbury appears to be siding with the bookburners this time.
But mostly I find it odd.
Attempts to suppress free speech and especially satire tend to bring more attention to the subject work.
If we assume that Mr. B is smart enough to realize that fact, we might also assume that he is intentionally bringing additional attention to Mr. Moore and his film.
PBW

PBW

Posts: 3 | Location: Columbus, OH, USA | Registered: 23 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pansy Bedwetter, (Stifled laughter. Sorry. I'll try to be serious.)

Except for a small, misguided group who are trying to have theatres not run the film, and who have the right but will hardly succeed, there's no other movement afoot trying to censor this film. There's no connection between Bradbury and this group. So why mis-characterize Bradbury as siding with the bookburners?

You're probably right that these kinds of attempts will bring more attention to this movie but that's not the issue with Bradbury. He simply wanted Moore to ask permission to use tie-in his movie with his book. Sounds to me that Bradbury wouldn't have given him that permission but, who knows? And so what? Then Moore would've named his movie something else and this little tempest would never have happened.

From what I've been able to read about the movie, it sounds like there's little, if anything, to tie it to Bradbury's book anyway.

Best,

Pete

[This message has been edited by pterran (edited 06-23-2004).]

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by groon:
Steve Miller,
Great site! I especially liked the links to the Peter Cushing fan page and the link "looking for a different steve miller?" Out of strange design, my brother came home yesterday with a Steve Miller LP that he found at a thrift store. Good music.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I've almost got the Dracula portion of the Cushing pages ready to go (finally... I keep getting distracted by work... and posting to messageboards. )

You still have a record player?! The motor in mine gave out about five years ago, and i've not bothered to get it replaced. I should though. There are some of my favorite LPs that haven't been released on CD and probably never will be.)

Steve Miller

Posts: 13 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pterran:

Peter.
Thanks for the kind words.

Made it to Oklahoma several times, but not lately. Only when I drive to Los Angeles, and that won't be again until I have a month to take my time. Otherwise, it's flying. When I do drive that way again, I'll look you up.

(Oh, but I think the board is finally calming down... at least until the movie opens tomorrow !!)

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Message board community!

I admit I got caught up in the heat.

Please take no offense.
peace

Posts: 15 | Location: Carson, CA USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post