Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    August 2026 and illustrations.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

August 2026 and illustrations.
 Login/Join

posted
--Are there any comic or illustrated versions of August 2026, or comics pertaining to it? I know there is one, you can see small images at http://home.earthlink.net/~hiflyer/APbradbury/twcsr.htm

--It would really help out my project if I could get those images, but big.

--Thanks for any help!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fifty:::

Topps Comics did some Ray Bradbury Comics... back in the early 90's, with titles such as...
� A Sound of Thunder
� Tryannosaurus Rex,
� The Illustrated Man, etc.
(Perhaps the one you referred to was also published by the same people ?)

Anyway, it was all copyrighted by:
Byron Preiss Visual Publications, Inc.
And published by TOPPS Comics,
254 36th street, Brooklyn, NY. 11232.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Occasionally, when Ray gets the chance because of someone asking a related question, and Ray happens to be in that particular frame of mind, he expresses in no uncertain terms his personal dislike of Spider-Man in general. But then he goes for the throat, or in this case, the way Spider-Man discharges the web, specifically, from his wrist. This is constant irritant to Bradbury, but I find it amusing of sorts because I've personally known for many, many years the fellow who came up with the general look and character of Spider-Man, and that is New York artist Steve Ditko.

Steve just celebrated his 81st birthday on November 2nd, Sunday. I called Steve a couple days passed his birthday to tell him belated birthday wishes, and always find him a cordial, quiet fellow. He still goes to the office every day... to draw and likely 'piddle-around' the office. I asked him how his hands are doing, no arthritis, and no, he says, he feels as well as ever.

Up to now, I have been uncomfortable in mentioning Ray's flap, and, perhaps, it's because Steve couldn't give a hoot. When I asked Steve what he thought about the Spider-Man movies in general, and seeing his name in big words flash upon the screen as co-creator of Spider-Man (along with Stan Lee), all I can get out of Steve is something akin to a yawn: "It's just water under the bridge!" Or, I couldn't care less... and oh yeah, he adds, "I've never seen a Spider-Man movie."

Steve sold his rights for any monetary gain from his creation years and years ago, and never even saw the proverbial dime for a cup of coffee. When I mentioned this to Ray, few months back, he said, "Oh we can get some money to Steve. I know Stan Lee. We got money to the creators of Superman, when they were broke."

Along with lousy contracts, youthful idealistic ideas, and no genuine fundamental understanding of the market place, no matter how great your idea and no matter how well it sells in the marketplace, you are on food stamps if you are not wise how the market works with money and your creative project.

Well, I never heard back from Ray on the Steve Ditko deal. And probably never will. But, golly, I hope Ray doesn't keep going on lambasting Steve and his web design for Spider-Man. Can Steve help it if the web wasn't emitting from where Ray says he thought it should?

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
But then he goes for the throat, or in this case, the way Spider-Man discharges the web, specifically, from his wrist. Can Steve help it if the web wasn't emitting from where Ray says he thought it should?

I know - the last time I was at supper with him (about a month ago, after Something Wicked), the subject came up, and he once again questioned from where the web should come. His answer will not be addressed on this family board.

I mentioned that although I liked Spiderman very much, Ironman was probably the best comic-book movie I've ever seen. Even better than the Batman, meaning Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. He doesn't seem to have any interest in these films at all.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post