Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    RB's address in LA?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RB's address in LA?
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have Ray Bradbury's address in Los Angeles? I would love to try and vist or request a visit while visiting....

I have been searching for the name of a TV movie that my siblings and I saw on TV in perhaps 1956, 1957, or 1958. It may have been on Playhouse 90 or Kraft Theatre. I have a suspicion it may have been an adaptation of "The Black Ferris" by Ray Bradbury. It was about a man who when he went on a merry-go-round a certain way - he would get younger with every complete circle. Then he did something wrong and the police were after him. He went on the merry-go-round to escape the police and change his appearance, but it went the other way. When the merry-go-round stopped, he was crouched under bench and was withered and old - because he was got older (sincve the merry-go-round went the other way round). Anyone have any idea about this movie?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 25 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, chris a, and welcome to the board. We don't give out Ray's home address here, but instead recommend that you write to him via his publisher.

There was a TV adaptation of "Black Ferris" in 1954 (in California), and shortly afterwards in 1956 (broadcast nationally). It was called "Merry-Go-Round", and was scripted by Mel Dinelli. It took the liberty of changing Bradbury's ferris wheel into a carousel - a change which Bradbury later adopted himself when he later developed "Black Ferris" into his novel Something Wicked This Way Comes.

There's a bit of information about this on my website (click on the link below, then follow links for Ray Bradbury Film and TV).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.tv.com/the-ray-bradbury-theatre/show/3822/ep...on=0&tag=nav_bar;all

Also, RBT -1990 / #34 episode: click on the above for details (all 65 others from the Theater, included!)

Posts: 2808 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil is right - this original Merry-Go-Round was featured on the TV show Sneak Preview (1956), and was adapted by the same fellow who scripted And So Died Riabouchinska, a 1956 episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post