Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Fahrenheit 451

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted
Yea, i needed some advice as to what inspired Ray Bradbury to write this sci-fi book. Was it because of the wars he went through? The deppresion he went through? What was it? Also, what is his opinion about the future? please help me, thanks

Posts: 1 | Location: Culver, IN, USA | Registered: 08 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that Ray Bradbury's opinion about the future is that we as a society definitely have the capacity to destroy ourselves, but that we don't have to if people are willing to think. It doesn't really fit into simple optimism or pessimism.

I'm not really that knowledgable about biographical origins of F451. His reasons for writing it, though, are articulated in the introduction that you will probably find in most newer editions (again, not absolutely sure... help, anyone!)

Good Luck,
Dan

Posts: 117 | Location: The Great North of New York State | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post