Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Adventure Books Publishing of Seattle

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adventure Books Publishing of Seattle
 Login/Join

posted
Adventure Books is a small press based in Seattle. We print high-quality 6x9 paperbacks and ebooks.

We also love to give new writers a chance to break into print. Check the Submissions page at Adventure Books for details. To see an example of our work check the Adventure Bookstore
Robert M. Blevins
Gayla J. Prociv

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Robert M Blevins,

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To leave as of general interest, or delete as advertising?

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I guess I should have left off about the Adventure Bookstore.
Look, we enjoy publishing titles in high-adventure themes and other genres. I only posted up a call for submissions here because I thought someone on this forum may have a book inside of them that would make Ray proud. Who knows?
Right now, we are completely revamping the AB site and changed the domain to discountebooks, with Adventure Books as our paperback imprint.
We're just nice folks out of Seattle trying to help talented new writers into print, especially ones in the sci-fi genre. That's it. Smiler

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would let it stand, because Robert is a regular and respectable member of the board (not somebody who has come here just to spam us).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil,

I agree wholeheartedly. Robert has brought us the fantastic photos of Mars and other neat shots. Robert's mention of his venture is not so much promoting himself and his business, but, like he says, giving unsung writers an opportunity.

He is a regular and responsible contributer. We need more like Robert.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because of his recent history with the board, I would probably let it stand, but I really don't like the precedent of this becoming a place to advertise one's business; so am VERY sympathetic to Dandelion's post. I endorse this one with some reservation.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, watch it, Bub!

(Braling II for president!Braling IIfor president!Braling II for president!...)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My thought exactly. Since it's to do with books, am inclined to let it stand, with a caveat in case anyone else comes along with advertising and an attitude.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyway...everyone was right. This is Ray's place.

I remember when I was in the fourth grade in this little Catholic school in southern Oregon, and I read 'Fahrenheit 451.' I used some excuse to write an 'essay' on the book, as much as a fourth-grader could do, and the next thing I knew, I was being dragged down to the priest and given a good lecture!(LOL)
I started writing sci-fi soon after and kept the notebooks hidden under my bed at home. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Robert M Blevins,